What's up? | Self-Initiated Books

What's up?

• Neophyte
    Neophyte

I stumbled upon this site looking for content about unconscious initiates. Seek and ye shall find, eh?

• I thought I'd sign up to say I am a little disappointed there are not more than just links to external works here, not seeing any real conversations or knowledge sharing. For those in training, yes it's taboo to publicly share, but healthy discourse on matters freely available in any book should be open for discussion.
    • You have a healthy collection of books available, and I wanted to know what criteria is used to select books you willingly sell.
    • Watched your trailer, while well produced, a bit dramatic, not very informative, I would urge you to add the goals of your intention that you wish to impart to your community and viewership, I feel that trailer is much more like a title intro than a trailer meant to inspire viewers.

You really should be making videos to build your community. You will find much more participation in the comments of youtube than here. Turn on comments, allow your viewers to respond there and use a measure of confidence and rationality to avoid the traps some of the trolls will set.

I'm not here to troll, and I apologize for my direct bluntness. I do wish you success and many great learnings on your journey!

• Wizard
    Wizard
    Site Wizard
    Site Administrator

Welcome my friend!

So far members have preferred to communicate privately via email, but the more members that join, the more possibilities for public conversations arise of course. I would agree on both points: that sharing certain personal details and experiences of one’s journey should remain private; and also that generally speaking there isn’t any harm done in discussing matters that are freely available in books.

The criteria of book selection is quite eclectic, but besides from indications given on the pages Self-Initate and About Us, there are business considerations and compromises made in order to offer selection and competitive prices. We are continuing to make improvements in this regard throughout 2024.

I appreciate your constructive feedback in terms of YouTube and community building. Our first trailer was designed to generate intrigue, and videos with original content will be released later in 2024. Presently we are more focused on attracting committed readers rather than becoming the next spiritual-entertainment comment section, but social media always gives you the option to share. From our perspective, this is not so much an issue of keeping trolls at bay, as it is a decision to keep our spaces sacred wherever possible. Ultimately, our goal is to offer the best books available for self-development, and in this respect we are grateful simply to serve you. If members wish to contribute to building a community with the tools we have provided here it would be an honor to facilitate that too.

Cheers!