A simple and informal approach to the study of philosophy offering a straightforward explanation and interpretation of the seven departments of philosophy:
- Metaphysics- The Nature and Being of God
- Logic- The Rule of reason
- Ethics- The Code of Conduct
- Psychology- The Science of The Soul
- Epistemology- The Nature of Knowledge
- Aesthetics- The Urge to Beauty
- Theurgy- The Living of Wisdom
Illustrated with a comprehensive index.
Manly Palmer Hall (1901-1990), was a Canadian-born scholar and philosopher. He began his public career in the related fields of philosophy and comparative religion at the age of nineteen and devoted his life to teaching, writing, and lecturing without interruption for over half a century.
Hall travelled extensively in Europe, Asia, and Central America, and assembled a magnificent library. He gave nearly seven thousand different lectures and talks and appeared on numerous radio and television stations throughout the United States. He wrote over thirty-five books, scores of essays, and hundreds of articles.